Outdoor Sound Curtains
Outdoor Sound Curtains or Sound Curtain Noise Barrier Walls are an economical and effective method of reducing noise generated by equipment, pumps, generators or other processes that are outside and are exposed to the elements. This unique composite material combines a sound absorber with a noise barrier into a flexible and versatile panel.
The panels are modular and can be installed on fences, frames, or other support structure. Applications are varied and include construction fencing, roof top barriers, by-pass pumps, gas compressors and many others.
Constructed of outdoor rated sound absorber and reinforced vinyl sound barrier, the curtain can withstand high heat and prolonged UV exposure.
The panels easily mount to a new or existing fence structure to create an instant acoustic barrier wall around outdoor chillers, rooftop air handling units, vacuum pump sound reduction, pumps, fans, or as a temporary and reusable construction noise barrier.
Use Outdoor Sound Curtains to Comply with Noise Ordinances
Sound curtains do more than just block noise. They also absorb the sound waves so that they do not bounce back into the job site. These acoustical curtains can be used either indoors or outdoors and can be temporary or permanent installations. Common applications include soundproofing construction sites and industrial areas. However, they can also be used in offices, homes, and anywhere noise control is needed.
About Sound Curtains
Sound curtains are made of quilted vinyl, vinyl-coated fiberglass cloth, and fiberglass batting. The sound blankets have grommets across the top border so that they can easily be hung from a hanging track or a floor mounted column. They also feature Velcro fasteners along the vertical edges and are flame resistant.
The quilted vinyl-coated panels have many curved surfaces that redirect sound waves so that they are less coherent and are made harmless. The batting in the panels absorb sound waves so that the environment is quieter. They come in different levels of thickness to absorb varying degrees of noise.
The modular outdoor acoustic panels are available with clear vinyl windows and come in different colors. They can be used as curtain enclosures, partition walls, sliding doors, and acoustical wraps.
Outdoor sound curtains are used to enclose compressors and hydraulic pumps. They serve as partitions for blower noise and outdoor fence construction. The panels also control noise from industrial projects like HVAC units. Factories, industrial sites, mining and manufacturing facilities commonly use them to comply with OSHA’s industrial safety noise levels.
Outdoor sound curtains reduce noise from generators, pumps, and equipment. The panels are flexible and can be installed on frames, fences, and other types of support. They are seen on the fences of construction sites, by-pass pumps, rooftop barriers, and gas compressors. The panels are modular and versatile. They are able to withstand prolonged UV exposure, high heat and are reusable.
- Schools use outdoor sound curtains and acoustic blocks to enclose noisy condenser fans.
- Gymnasiums, churches, and multi-purpose rooms use fabric and wood acoustic panels on the walls, and baffles and acoustic banners on the ceiling to control echo, loudness, and improve sound quality.
- Hospitals and other businesses use sound barrier walls to reduce noise from outdoor air cooled chillers.
- Power companies use steel sound barrier walls to reduce noise from a transformer station.
- Manufacturers can use modular steel acoustical enclosures to make a “quiet room” for performing sound tests on products.
- Processing plants can use an outdoor sound curtain enclosure to enclose a hydraulic pump unit.
- Highway construction sites may use sound barriers to block noise from reaching residential neighborhoods.
- Animal shelters may use soundproofing to control the noise from barking dogs. Outdoor kennels can use them to block noise from reaching neighbors and businesses.
- Infrastructure improvement projects, such as those using horizontal drilling.
Outdoor Curtain Near Blower
Not only do outdoor sound curtains help sites comply with noise ordinances, they also help to reduce hearing loss. Ongoing exposure to loud noise can lead to noise-induced loss of hearing. These acoustical panels will benefit the worker and anyone who is near the noise pollution.
Please call and let us assist you in designing a system to meet your noise control needs.