eNoise Control’s STC 50 Sound Rated Doors are factory assembled, pre-hung, acoustical rated doors. They include the installation magnetic seals and all hardware and glazing if required. The door leaves the factory ready to install, including the installation magnetic seals, all hardware and glazing if required. The split-frame system allows for an easy installation for a wide array of site requirements.
- A completely factory assembled door system
- Single source responsibility for seal, hardware and glazing installation
- Easy and fast on-site installation.
- Proven laboratory and field performance
- Flexibility in size and configurations, including choice on veneers
Technical Support & Installation Instructions
Technical support personnel and representatives with the experience necessary to assist you in the design, supply and installation of the STC 50 Door.
Submittal packages include the drawings, test data and easy to follow step-by-step installation instructions to allow your personnel to install the door systems. We also offer professional installation service throughout North America.
These doors require a steel C channel frame embedded into the existing concrete host build walls. The frame will nest into the channel frame and be bolted or welded in place. The C channel design will be included in submittal drawings. The structural C channel is be supplied and installed by others.
STC 50 Doors are – 2½” Thick and Weight – 10.1 lbs. per sq. ft.
Door Elevation [Drawing Details]
Door Header & Sill [Drawing Details]
Door Jamb [Drawing Details]
Heavy Duty Sound Rated Door Assemblies
STC 50 large double doors are used in applications where you need noise control in a building and need access to move large objects in and out of the facility. Industrial, Military and Stage doors typically require this type of door. Many times, roll up or garage type doors are utilized for these applications. These types of doors are very poor at keeping noise out and inherently hard to acoustically seal. This is where large sound rated flush mounted swing doors are a perfect fit for the application.
Large sound-rated STC 50 exterior doors are designed to provide enhanced security and sound isolation for military, government, and high-security facilities. These doors are typically made to meet specific security and acoustic requirements and can differ in their construction and features based on the project application.
STC 50 HD Large Doors Features
Door Construction: Doors constructed with heavy-duty materials like heavy gauge steel. This provides superior sound blocking properties and will withstand the demands of harsh environments. Doors are engineered with the proper size and number of hinges and/or other type of support in order to avoid sagging.
Acoustic Door Seals: Side and head of door and frame are provided with two (2) sets of factory installed self-aligning magnetic-compression seals to hold door in closed position by the magnetic force of perimeter seals. Corners are mitered and sealed.
Door Bottom: Bottom of door will be provided with a factory installed continuous, adjustable, Teflon coated, neoprene compression seal mortised into the door bottom and designed to compress against floor as door is closed. Adjustable neoprene coated compression bottom seal, factory installed. Bottom seal can be serviced without the need of removing the door leaves.
Heavy Duty Hardware: Heavy-duty hinges, handles, and closing mechanisms designed for durability and security. These components will be capable of withstanding the demands of your application while maintaining the door’s acoustic properties. Factory will provide a minimum two (2) factory installed cam-lift type hinges for each door with a finish of US26D. Hinges are factory installed (bolted) to the door leaves and field bolted or welded to the structural frame by the installer.
Certification and Testing: The Sound Rated Door’s design will tested and certified by independent acoustic testing laboratories to meet the desired STC rating. This ensures that the doors have undergone acoustical testing to validate their Sound Transmission Class rating.
Vision Lights: Factory installed double-glazed windows in dimensions per the door schedule. All glazing is installed by skilled workmen at the manufacturer’s facility.
Bullet Resistance: The HD doors can be designed to offer ballistic protection, depending on the security requirements of the facility.
Blast & Fire Resistance: Doors used in military environments may also be constructed to resist blast forces. They are designed to withstand the impact from explosions. Depending on the facility’s requirements, the HD Sound Rated Doors can be fire-rated to provide fire protection.
Access Control: Access control systems, such as biometric scanners, key card readers, and electronic locking mechanisms, can be integrated into these doors to enhance security.
Customization: These doors can be customized to fit the specific needs of the facility, including size, design, and security features.
Additional STC 50 Door Benefits
- Guaranteed acoustic performance
- All doors are tested at an independent NVLAP approved testing facility
- All hardware, seals, and hinges are factory-installed
- Door includes custom cam-lift hinge design, eliminating the need for a threshold in most applications
- Adjustable mortised bottom seal allows the door to adapt to site floor conditions
- Double magnetic seals at head and jambs
- Split frame assembly allows installation into existing openings
- Designed to work with standard building hardware, factory installed if desired
- Ease of operation conforms to ADA
- Available in single-leaf, double- leaf and bi-fold designs
- Wood veneer finish available
- All door and frame components are tested as a complete assembly prior to shipment
- The doors will have flush mounted top and bottom slide bolts to lock them in place
- The door and frame assembly are prime painted or powder coated
- The doors can be designed to meet a one (1) psi pressure rating